Campaigners fighting vivisection have experienced serious state repression over the last ten years.
We suggest if you are organising an event or action to know your rights.
There are several groups and resources who offer support to activists and others. There are also many online resources we can recommend:
- Information on the ‘SOCPA’ laws specifically targeting people campaigning against animal research – https://network23.org/freebeagles/criminal-law/other-laws/misc/socpa/
- Activist Security Handbook – www.activistsecurity.org/booklet-2.7%28final%29.pdf
- EFF guide to surveillance self-defence – ssd.eff.org
- ‘Arming Sisters’ (set of computer security and privacy guides) – lilithlela.cyberguerrilla.org/?page_id=2757
- Solicitors recommended by Network for Police Monitoring – netpol.org/npsl
- Approached by the Police: a factsheet on being asked to be an informer – www.freebeagles.org/articles/grass.html
- Schedule 7 (Islamic Human Rights Commission) – www.ihrc.org.uk/attachments/article/10657/KYR_Schedule%207%202013.pdf
- Schedule 7 dos and don’ts – schedule7stories.com/about-schedule-7-dos-and-donts
- No Comment (guide to arrest by LDMG) – ldmg.org.uk/files/No_Comment_4th_Edition.pdf
- Citizen’s Advice guide to police powers – www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/law_e/law_legal_system_e/law_police_e/police_powers.htm
- Your rights if raided (NetPol) – netpol.org/2014/06/12/police-raids
- Stop Watch (information on stop and search) – www.stop-watch.org
- How to sue or make a complaint against the police (GBC) – greenandblackcross.org/node/35